Position Your Business Over Your Competition
Reaching adult children who will pile in over the holidays can position you over your competition. A Speaker’s Bureau mixed with great social media and a newsletter can be the tantalizing hook to get your phone to ring off the hook when adult kids discover the parent who is falling, forgetting and foundering over the holidays.
Speaker’s Bureau Topics For Adult Children After Holidays
My excellent expert marketing colleague Natasha Beauchamp https://elderpagesonline.com/about-us/ has superb ideas on speaker’s bureau topics to draw the interest of adult children.
Provide enough information to demonstrate your expertise, but, not enough detail that you are giving away the store. One way to get an insight into what adult kids are interested in is to look at the top eldercare-related searches on Google. These were compiled by the Pew Internet Project:
- Dementia and memory loss
- Long-term care options
- Paying for care
- Handling the stress of caregiving
Think about the pain points of family caregivers to get your phone ringing.
Over the holidays so many adult children find themselves in pain seeing their declining parents. They fear caring for them, the burden they can, cannot or reject taking on and how they navigate through this.
Answer that pain with a Speaker’s bureau
Presentations could be according to Natasha:
- 10 warning signs your parent may need help
- Is it Alzheimer’s?
- Should Dad still be driving
- What To Do When Parent’s Reject Care
Tips on Speaking Success
- You are not there to inform them. You are not in speech business or case management business-You are in the customer business
- Talk about your business
- Ask to speak before lunch (clanging dishes, food-filled, dozing off audiences
- Pass out sign-in sheet for gather emails for marketing early to add to your marketing database
- Pass handouts including business cards, print out of your newsletter before lunch-audience can learn before you start
- Ask for the sale -offer free complimentary 30-minute phone consultation if sign up on your website
- You are not there to inform them. You are not in speech business or case management business-You are in the
- customer business
- talk about your business
- Send thank you letter to club president
- Enter sign-in sheet in your marketing database
- Keep agency newsletters , social media and marketing touches flowing through marketing automation like Constant Contact, Mail Chimp
- How to work with both dysfunctional and long-distance families who call during the holidays
- How to give hope to frantic children who call, after seeing their aging parent struggling with the rituals
- How to sell services to desperate adult child callers
- Families so the client chooses you
THIS FREE WEBINAR IS NOVEMBER 21, 2019 FROM 2 PM – 3 PM PST