You will be Showered With Calls Over the Holidays
Long-distance family members from nearly normal or dysfunctional families will call you frantically from now on.
It’s almost Christmas, Hanukkah and Thanksgiving just passed but they could not see their older parents because of the COVID Risk.
They are having to manage their over 65 Mom and Dad’s Shelter in place from afar plus oversee their own families risk plus their own COVID laden holiday. These long-distance family caregivers were already reaching
burnout from constant pre-COVID travel and caring on top of their own work-life demands.
They are reaching implosion so they are going to call you.
Test to Give the Burnt Out Caregiver Calls FOR Information Before the Holidays
If they call for information before the holiday and are not ready to move forward, you can proactively offer them questions from this list of alarm bells that they can answer now or they can monitor during now and New Year holiday that could trigger engaging your services after they compare notes on a post-holiday call with you.
Below is a list of red flags. If they see any red signals on Thanksgiving, Hanukkah,
remotely or in-person if they take the very dangerous risk of travel on Christmas-encourage them that is the time to do something about it by hiring you as a care manager. You can question them with this a checklist of worrisome signs that signal the need for a local geriatric care manager,
Alarm Bells List – Dealing with Long Distance Aging Relatives Before or During the Holidays
- Unpaid bills if long-distance family members monitor bill pay from afar
- Missed appointments with their physicians that long-distance care provider monitor with their doctors
- Clutter reported by neighbors, friends local senior agencies a home that was once always neat
- Weight loss reported by the aging parents Dr’s or local visitors
- Memory loss, change in short-term memory when they zoom, call facetime, etc.
- Poor grooming for a person who was once meticulously, observed by local visitors friends senior agencies food delivery who visit.
- Reports of getting lost
- Reports of wandering
- Refusing to go to holiday religious services with friends or church transportation to holiday religious services
- refusing any suggestion or conversely agreeing to everything with-out consideration
- Mood swings, getting angry when normally easy going
- Refusing to go to medical providers
- Not taking care of activities of daily living: cooking, bathing, dressing, housekeeping, etc.
- Entering contests, credit card maxed out on shopping channels
- Set up a meeting when the holidays end. You have helped them proactively, begin to engage your services.
5 Vital Clinical Tools to Help Aging Dysfunctional Families-Post Horrid Holidays-
Thursday, January 21, 2021
Give frantic adult children hope when they desperately call after the holiday
Join me and learn how to come to the rescue of concierge dysfunctional families who found coal in their stocking.
Learn how to!
- Understand the Dysfunctional Aging Family System you must enter to get care for elders
- Understand 11 Warning Signs You Are Working with Dysfunctional Family
- Master Vital Clinical Tools, you to solve client problems
- Take Six Steps Professional Must Take to Work with These Difficult Families
- Get care for aging family members when the dysfunctional family members resist
Find out more in the YouTube for My YouTube, Channel Geriatric Care