What is Organizational Design and Why Do GCM Start-Ups Need It?
If you are a solo practitioner with a start-up, hoping to grow your company and profit- do you need a job description. You actually need your own job description first and next all your key hires plus a flow chart before you even open.
Organizational Design as the Framework that aging life or geriatric care management agency use for their new business to:
- Distinguish power and authority roles and
- Show how information flows through the organization.
- Be ready for future growth before a crisis
Three Basic Steps of Organizational Structure
1. First, you tackle organizational structure- -each job in your company
Organizational structure is a system used to define a hierarchy within an organization. It identifies each job, its function, and where it reports to within the organization. … The structure is illustrated using an organizational chart.
2. Second, select the design- GCM role- job description- authority
Once an organization has chosen its structure, you can move on to selecting the design. Organizational Design is the process by which managers assess the tasks, functions, and goals of the business, allowing them to make decisions about how to group people together to best and most efficiently achieve their objectives.
GCM job description, GCM directors role
In the start-up aging life or geriatric management business, you must explain the Care Manager’s director’s role, job description, and how their power and authority flows down to care managers when you hire them. It is also a critical tool to break off your overwhelming tasks as a solo practitioner. That way you and know what you will move to new hires when you are financially ready to add a new employee without slipshod job description in a cobbled in crisis.
Next, you cover with the care managers who report the director, what are their roles, job descriptions, what you will delegate to them from your director’s job, and how they take direction from the Care Manager director, their supervisor. You should also add clinical supervision here. Then you design your Administrative Assistant’s role, bookkeeper, and the marketing director’s role if you are going to hire one.
3. Create a Flow Chart
Following that, a flow-chart or organizational chart with administration and roles mapped out.
Learn Org Design and More my new on-line Start-Up GCM Business Class
Organizational Design is critical to your aging life or business success because you are designing the ” whole” and all the parts of your aging life or geriatric care agency and how power and authority flow through them -to give the most premium, concierge services to your client.
Check out my Online GCM Business Class which includes 10 modules on starting your GCM Business including one module on Organizational Design with the job descriptions for every role in a GCM agency and recruitment tools to get the best candidate.
Skills you will learn in My GCM Business Class
- GCM organizational design skills to create your business flow chart and job descriptions, and outline how power flows down your staff to deliver gold standard care to clients
- GCM marketing survey skills to pinpoint your area’s upper 10% clients and 3rd-party referrals to market, to make your business profitable
- GCM competitive analysis skills to set the fee per hour your market will bear for your services and to gather information from each, to position your services vs your competition’s so clients will choose you
- GCM timeline skills to identify and list (in a manageable, doable order), major tasks to complete before you open your business
- GCM business planning skills to write a 13-part business plan to create a blueprint of measurable goals for your business’s financial success
- GCM marketing skills to create a marketing plan to develop lead sources, conduct lead generation, launch social media, and conduct content marketing to gain new customers
- GCM sales skills to position your agency to sell your menu of services
through benefits to 3rd parties and clients through cold calling, 1-1 sales meetings, and inquiries, by knowing how to close the sale and sign the contract
- GCM ALCA billing skills to develop a billing system that allows you to bill 85% of your time, control your cash flow, invoice promptly to make a profit
- GCM financial forecasting skills to develop a 3-year financial forecast Excel spreadsheet to track your basic profit and expenses and to track the number of clients and billable hours needed to break even make a profit, pay back loans, hire new staff, and take a salary yourself
- The Business class set for a start-up GCM Budget and now offers a subscription payment plan for a start-up budget
Check out my Video on Why You Need Organizational Design plus Your Own Job Description