Did You Give a Happy Thanksgiving to Your Staff?
Today is Thanksgiving when we offer thanks to our friends, loved ones, family. But what about your employees this holiday month. How will you thank the very people that power your business and profit and may be on call for you right now?
“Truly, from bosses I liked, anything was great because I appreciated that they thought of me. From “bad” bosses, anything would annoy me. You can’t make up for being a jerk with a token of any kind once a year.”
Ideas for inexpensive but really appreciated gifts for Care Managers and staff– cards to grocery stores or department stores, a gift certificate from Amazon all given with a nice personal handwritten note.
How To Thank Staff All Year
- I just did a blog about your need to bill 85% of your client hours . When a care manager does bill’s 85% write them a handwritten thank-you note being gratefulfor having the amount of productivity to keep the business thriving. Handwriting is not a lost art. It sends a message that you take the time, personally, to really celebrate what the employees do for your business.
2. Send a handwritten thank-you note to each staff member during the year to applaud something they did. Saying thanks for something specific may be the ultimate reward. If you do it selectively yet authentically, a thank you note may be pinned above your employee’s desk for years. Create a formal letter recognizing your employee’s achievement. Sign it and use the company’s seal to give the letter something extra. If you really want to do it right, frame it.
3. Name an employee of the month in your newsletter with their picture. Give them a gift to tell them you are grateful for their hard work. Create a formal letter recognizing your employee’s achievement. Sign it and use the company’s seal to give the letter something extra. If you really want to do it right, frame it too.
4. This year instead of in-person have a virtual employee holiday party and mail gifts ahead of time to all employees for being such excellent care managers and for billing the 85% you need them to the bill so you will all have employment.
5.When COVID is gone, plan employee picnics, birthday parties, anniversary parties to thank them publicly throughout the year.
6. B.J Curry- Spitler, one of the first and I might say the greatest care managers, founded Age Concerns in San Diego in 1982. She gave gifts of massages to her care managers. A brilliant gift, a massage recognizes the tough emotional work that care managers do and their need to take care of themselves- which you as their employer are doing.
Give Thanks Throughout the year.
8 Ways to Tame the Turmoil of the Holidays & Twindemic in the Aging Family
ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT to SIGN UP
- How to sell services to the desperate Aging Family during the holiday surge
- How to give hope to frantic children who call when their aging parent struggling with Loneliness and isolation on the holidays
- How to help the Aging Family make holiday visits remotely or safely in person
- How to counsel the Aging Family to track aging decline &Twindemic risk in loved ones
- How to work with both dysfunctional and long-distance families who call during the holidays
- How to use GCM tools to contain Holiday chaos
- How to use financial forecasting to prepare for business growth during the holidays
Sidestep the Many Care Managers Who Do not know how to work with Dysfunctional family or do COVID Coaching of Aging Families so the client chooses you
THIS FREE WEBINAR IS Thursday, December 3, 2020, FROM 2 PM – 3:30 PM PST