Long Distance caregivers are zapped out by stress
Get ready for the holiday rush with long-distance caregivers Flying or driving to both visit and care for aging family members, these far-away family caregivers have been exhausted for a long time. These caregivers usually understand that their parents are deteriorating with age and are savvy enough that they have researched options and already found you on the web ( a reason to have a great website).
The Holiday Push Over The Edge
When the family gathers on Thanksgiving and all the other family members can see problems with an older person like memory loss or ambulation problems- the long-distance family may agree to call a care manager. The brutal stress of the holiday season on top of caring for an aging parent long-distance may push the designated long-distance care providers over the edge to and join the Holiday Rush for care and call you.
Unpaid bills litter Dad’s desk. He refuses to go to church when he was a devoted churchgoer all his life. He’s drinking too much at the local pub. When the daughter puts the post-turkey leftovers in the refrigerator she finds moldy food on every shelf. When asked about the bills and the moldy food, Dad gets really angry at them when he was an easygoing guy all his life. This is the holiday push where they pick up the phone and scream 911 to a care manager.
Call made to 911- You
At that point, the daughter may feel of panicked holiday push and pull out her phone and call an aging life or geriatric care manager because she cannot fly home without getting help. Are you ready for these desperate calls you will be in this holiday rush?
Give frantic adult children hope when they frantically call this holiday.
So be prepared for their inquiry and know the needs of long-distance caregivers plus the resources in your area you can use in this holiday rush with long-distance caregivers when they call you. Do not give away the store in your call but let
them know that you are an expert in the needs of long-distance care providers and an ace navigator in your area that can find services and choices that are perfect to end their holiday push.
Get Ready for the Holiday Rush
Tuesday, November 16th, 2021, FROM 2 PM – 3:30 PM PST
- Pre-Holiday Social media campaigns to reach worried caregivers
- Pre- Holiday-Materials about the warning signs that a parent needs help
- Pre-Holiday Technology to help you move people from discovery to signing on the dotted line
- How to sell services to desperate post-holiday callers from Normal dysfunctional & long-distance family
- How to use tools to contain Holiday chaos & arrange care in festive family fright
- How to move the family to New Year’s stability
- Position Your Agency ahead of Care Managers who do not have great preholiday marketing campaigns and lack the clinical skills how to work with long-distance caregivers, when they fear or experience chaotic aging family holiday visit when adult kids find their aging parents need care
Cathy Cress MSW author of the Handbook of Geriatric Care Management
Natasha Beauchamp- MSc, Webmaster and Research Scientist at Elder Pages Online, LLC
THIS FREE WEBINAR IS Tuesday, November 16th, 2021, FROM 2 PM – 3:30 PM PST
Find out more in the YouTube for My YouTube, Channel Geriatric Care 1