OFFERING A COVID care plan product with Long Distance Care Providers
The first step for the Long-distance family members (LDF) worried about elder exposure and hospitalization of Covid-19 can be to take a team approach. This can be a call with a geriatric care manager for a consultation that will help long-distance families work as a team to keep elder family member safe while you are at a distance This Care management consultation can be done with a HIPAA-compliant video conferencing services
- The first thing that the geriatric care manager works on is to find out if the older person has the required legal documents – Advanced directives, POA/HCPOA & GCM HIPAA release because of the risk of both hospitalization and death due to age-related COVID-19. If these documents are not present, the care manager will have a discussion with senior and the long-distance family regarding their wishes, explaining older adults over 65 are at higher risk for severe illness. The care manager will discuss who is to be the health care decision-maker with the older adult and suggest they consult a family attorney or elder law attorney to complete. If they choose not to use an elder law attorney, as time is of the essence in the pandemic, they can suggest access AARP advanced directives documents for any state which can be executed quickly.
- If documents are completed, locate in the home and provide explanations to the family that they must give a copy to emergency contacts and physicians as required and place in planning binder. In the planning “Go binder” list all emergency contacts with phone numbers/e-mail addresses – family, friends, physicians, pharmacy, professionals providing in-home services. Also, list all medications and prescribing physicians in “Go Binder”. Upload documents into caregiving applications like caring village.com so the long-distance from always has the updated documents.
Other problems that geriatric care managers who offer consultation can solve for long-distance family members
- Create a Household plan of action for prevention and possible infection with COVID 19.
- Identification of technology tools to keep client and LDF in contact
- Evaluate the presence of required cleaning/safety products as recommended by CDC
- Evaluate the area of home appropriate for quarantine in the event of suspected COVID infection of client or caregiver
- GCM can also focus on the quality of life of seniors and provide a comprehensive plan to ensure the individual is living a quality of life while providing consistent communication with the Long Distance family-like Hummingbirdproject.net
- Development of client-specific communication tool for possible hospitalization to individualize client needs, status and care planning post hospitalization
Join my new GCM on Line Classes Working on Covid- 19
This research was done by my geriatric care management student GCM Maryann Prudhomme. My students are working on Covid-19 products in both all of my two new online classes in blackboard right now. If you are interested in joining our class and
learning tools to be a geriatric care manager go to cathycress.com online classes
Join Me in My New Free Webinar
Conquer Care Management Sales- 5 Steps Close the Sale on COVID-19 Products
Sales have severely declined in COVID_19. Learn how to increase your, clients, through all your products but especially new Covid-19 and telehealth. Sell Successfully
this and any GCM product in a 2-part intake. Closing the sale means the client signing your contract and giving you a deposit. Most care managers are untrained and terrified of this process. They are more terrified of going out of business with COVID 19
Learn the 5 steps to make and close a care management sale to get that contract signed, get a deposit, grow your business, bolster cash flow, make payroll, and stop you from being one of the 50% of new US businesses that fail after five years.
Date Tuesday, June 23
Time 2:00 PM -3:30 PM
You will Learn
What are Covid-19 GCM Services you can offer
How to make the sale in the inquiry call -with a complimentary consultation
How to ” Identify needs using client” challenge questions” to find the problem you need to solve to make the sale
How to present your offer by selling solutions to the problem with a mini care plan
How to manage objections if the caller has concerns about price or product
How to close the sale with non-aggressive closing questions to have your contract signed, get a deposit, and grow your business with a new client