Sparring Cats and Dogs
Especially after some holiday liquid cheer, sour step-parents, angry step-siblings, and mid-life adult kids who have grown up in a dysfunctional family can turn into sparring cats and dogs with teeth bared and claws dug in flesh, at Thanksgiving dinner.
Why Their Stocking Full of Coal
As if COVID has not made the holidays hard enough for family gatherings, the ordinary aging processes are made far tougher when a family has a history of dysfunction. Aging professionals, like geriatric care managers, have their greatest challenges in working with these “difficult” families.
Dysfunctional families are not able to organize themselves
They effectively face gut-wrenching eldercare challenges and crises. These families are under more stress as they move from long-established roles into uncharted territory.
Why Cut-OFF Ruins Holidays
What if adult kids “ cut off” their Dad years ago and now he had a severe stroke- what do they do?? Someone has to take over Mom or Dad’s care and these dysfunctional midlife adult kids are heavy ambivalent or just don’t want to do it. They are caught between “ I love you” and “ I hate you” and it only takes a few drinks and snarky remarks to start a fracas.
Now that the holidays are soon arriving – they have the same attitude about attending the family Thanksgiving dinner.
So what to do if you are an aging professional, geriatric care manager, nurse care manager- before the holiday to avoid the scene below.
8 Ways to Tame the Turmoil of the Holidays & Twindemic in the Aging Family
- How to sell services to the desperate Aging Family during the holiday surge
- How to give hope to frantic children who call when their aging parent struggling with Loneliness and isolation on the holidays
- How to help the Aging Family make holiday visits remotely or safely in person
- How to counsel the Aging Family to track aging decline &Twindemic risk in loved ones
- How to work with both dysfunctional and long-distance families who call during the holidays
- How to use GCM tools to contain Holiday chaos
- How to use financial forecasting to prepare for business growth during the holidays
Sidestep the Many Care Managers Who Do not know how to work with Dysfunctional family or do COVID Coaching of Aging Families so the client chooses you
THIS FREE WEBINAR IS Thursday, December 3, 2020, FROM 2 PM – 3:30 PM PST
Find out more in the YouTube for My YouTube, Channel Geriatric Care 1