4 Ways to Keep Family Safe if you Travel to Grandma for Thanksgiving
Are you planning to travel over the COVID river and through the mask-free woods to Grandma’s?
How can you possibly stay safe? Do you trust your friends and family members to follow the standard safety protocols? Will they wear face coverings, maintain physical distance, and keep surfaces sanitized? Has anyone experienced symptoms recently or had contact with a person who is infected?
Answering these questions before you go may make those already awkward dinner conversations a lot less uncomfortable.
CHECK THE COVID RATE WHERE ARE GOING
NPR has some suggestions if adult children must travel to Grandma’s on the holidays. This includes first checking out the COVID rate in the area where Grandma lives by using NPR’s coronavirus tracker to check this.
CHECK THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE INVITED
The CDC says check out where others are traveling from and the number of people at the gathering among other guidelines from out very maligned by the Trump administration but storied science-based lead healthcare agency.
Travel Off-Peak Time
The Atlantic Magazine, a highly respected and historic magazine recommends, traveling off-peak or traveling a few days earlier, safer for you to drive, stay with Grandma or family, not friends and follow those basic guidelines, masking, distance, etc.
Read ALL & Find Common Thread of Safety
Check them all out and see what is repeated over and over and also what is feasible for you to get to Grandpa and Grandma to cheer both your loved ones and you in this COVD filled election frazzled time when we all need a dose of tradition to soothe our souls and stomachs – if you cannot stay home because of family worry or just the need to get out of Dodge!
8 Ways to Tame the Turmoil of the Holidays & Twindemic in the Aging Family
- How to sell services to the desperate Aging Family during the holiday surge
- How to give hope to frantic children who call when their aging parent struggling with Loneliness and isolation on the holidays
- How to help the Aging Family make holiday visits remotely or safely in person
- How to counsel the Aging Family to track aging decline &Twindemic risk in lovedones
- How to work with both dysfunctional and long-distance families who call during the holidays
- How to use GCM tools to contain Holiday chaos
- How to use financial forecasting to prepare for business growth during the holidays
Sidestep the Many Care Managers Who Do not know how to work with Dysfunctional family or do COVID Coaching of Aging Families so the client chooses you
THIS FREE WEBINAR IS Thursday, December 3, 2020, FROM 2 PM – 3:30 PM PST
Find out more in the YouTube for My YouTube, Channel Geriatric Care 1