GCM as Wonder Woman
Care managers need to create a gold-standard written copy to advertise their services to ling distance customers. However, you need a Wonder Woman spin that will make copy stand out from your competition.
Here is a sample you may use for long-distance care providers
1, “If you are a long-distance family care provider for an elder, give yourself Wonder Woman as a powerful sister to help with the care of your aging family member.
2. Using a gold standard care manager is a preventative, prudent excellent choice for 3 reasons.
- a. If you live long distance and there is an aging parent crisis, your safest choice is to have a local GCM to solve it. In an urgent situation, the care manager can go to the hospital or emergency room.
- b. This is more cost-effective than you getting on last-minute, expensive flights. You can still go but, like Wonder Woman, they can immediately be there to deal with the crisis and solve it. She is good insurance.
- c. Before any crisis, you can have the GCM aka Wonder Woman will do an initial assessment and visit your older relative periodically. This is preventative because Wonder Woman can see and solve the problem before it becomes a health crisis that might put your loved one in the hospital.
- 3. Think of a care manager the way you do one of those blow-up beds. You can pump them up when you need in a crisis—perhaps avoid that crisis, and you yourself can sleep more soundly and with more peace of mind in your own bed.
5. What a geriatric care manager aka Wonder Woman and Superman can do for you are:
- Save you money by helping keep your parent out of the hospital and you off emergency long-distance flights.
- Facilitate a family discussion of needs, resources, and division of labor among friends family
- Recommend ways to proactively prepare and plan for a parent’s possible health care crisis.
- Work on family cooperation to formulate a realistic parent-care plan.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of all of the potential caregivers
- Help adult siblings resolve conflicts about care decisions.
- Help siblings act together in the best interest of the parent
- Decrease the tension between hometown and long distance siblings
- Help the long-distance care provider deal with guilt and frustration that may result from their inability to provide more of the day-to-day care.
- Locate the highest quality aging resources in your aging parents’ area quickly and without you having to do it
Join me in my latest free webinar when care managers busiest season starts after holiday visits can put long-distance families so over the edge and they call you
5 Ways to Tame the Turbulence of Holiday Meltdown in Aging Families
- How to work with both dysfunctional and long-distance families who call during the holidays
- How to give hope to frantic children who call, after seeing their aging parent struggling with the rituals
- How to sell services to desperate adult child callers
- How to use GCM tools to contain Holiday chaos
- How to use financial forecasting to prepare for growth during the holidays
- Sidestep the Many Care Managers Who Do not know how to work with Long Distance or Dysfunctional Aging Families so the client chooses you
THIS FREE WEBINAR IS NOVEMBER 21, 2019 FROM 2 PM – 3 PM PST
10 Steps to Success in Selling Care Management to Assisted Living
FREE WEBINAR- 10 Steps to Success in Selling Care Management to Assisted Living
THIS WEBINAR BEGINS: Monday, June 24, 2019, 2 PM PST Ends 3:15 PM PST