Time About Out To Pass Build Back Better Bill
Biden’s Build Back Better Bill is dying. Decades of divestment have cost American families in time, opportunity, and money, with the greatest impacts landing on communities of color, seniors, the disabled, women, and LGBTQ+ people. Building a stronger, more equitable future requires investing in good jobs, quality care, education, and housing. Senator Manchin and Sinema are blocking Biden’s Bill.
The Build Back Better Bill includes significant investments in our children, families, elderly and disabled
Seniors will get New Medicare Hearing Benefit
Biden’s ill includes lowered drug prices, Medicare Part D Benefit Redesign according to Kaiser Foundation. But the bill also includes new Medicare benefits for seniors in:
- ACA Marketplace Subsidies
- Lowering Prescription Drug Prices and Spending
- Medicaid Coverage Gap
- Medicaid Home and Community Based Services and the Direct Care Workforce
Expanded Home & Community Based Care Included
Biden’s Build Back Better Bill , offers so much in caring for families, kids the elderly. In addition to expanding Child Tax Credit payments and ensuring the lowest income families receive the full benefit, would invest in-home- and community-based care services for the aging and people with disabilities; provide pre-k for 3 and 4 year-olds; invest in housing, child care, and nutrition programs; create good jobs, and so much more
Biden’s Bill would provide four weeks of paid medical leave, so the United States can join the rest of the industrialized world in giving its people the dignity of paid time off for a family or health emergency. So, if an aging parent or child is sick or there is a newborn, family can care for them and get paid.
Write or Call Your Congressman Fast Before Mansion and Sinema Destroy Biden’s Bill
Sign and send a letter to your Democratic senators: Care is infrastructure. The Build Back Better Act must include substantial investments in our families and communities.
Here are some quick tips when writing a personal letter or what to say on a call :
- Keep your letter short or call and to the point;
- Remind them that you are a constituent;
- Share your personal story about your career as a care manager, a social worker a nurse, a geriatric professional and your client’s needing care, client’s caring for a loved one, or the plight of a care worker
- Emphasize that the majority of Americans support investing in human infrastructure, include: expanding Child Tax Credit payments, and ensuring the lowest income families receive the full benefit, investing in-home- and community-based care services for the aging and people with disabilities; providing pre-k for 3 and 4 year-olds; investing in housing, child care, and nutrition programs; creating good jobs; and more;
- Encourage them to keep pushing to ensure investments in the care economy remain in the Build Back Better Act.
- PLEASE DO THIS NOW ESPECIALLY FOR SENIORS IF YOU WORK WITH THEM