Ritual Celebrations + COVID Turn Into Kick- Boxing
Celebrations, (like Thanksgiving coming up) Hanukah, Christmas
Father’s – any holiday— can be a nightmare with adult siblings and the dysfunctional family. You have to show up, yet you prepare for the daggers or uppercuts – either wielded by you as a sibling.
Tips to Save the Holidays
1) It is a holiday event, not a family meeting. If you want to talk about personal issues, make a date to get together with your angry sister/brother.
2) Remember that it is Thanksgiving and not all about you. Keep a positive attitude for the sake of your aging parent if they are there, your own kids your nieces and nephews, and your adult siblings.
4)Have a family meeting to discuss COVID restrictions and the best way to stay safe,
which might mean a zoom meal Do not exclude in the decision. Again to build a team effort.
5) Call ahead and arrange to split the bill if you order individual meals from a restaurant due to COVID – ahead of time- again team effort and no embarrassing credit card bargaining at the table that only brings on more fights.
6) Keep your alcohol in check. You can’t control anyone else but you can control and even change yourself. We all say things we may regret with lots of nervous drinking.
7) Check out in-person family meeting tools and some free online meeting tools so if you have an aging parent you can arrange care between siblings with online after the holiday get meeting- not in midst of holiday visit.
8) Hire an aging life care manager to facilitate a family meeting.
8 Ways to Tame the Turmoil of the Holidays & Twindemic in the Aging Family
- How to sell services to the desperate Aging Family during the holiday surge
- How to give hope to frantic children who call when their aging parent strugglingwith Loneliness and isolation on the holidays
- How to help the Aging Family make holiday visits remotely or safely in person
- How to counsel the Aging Family to track aging decline &Twindemic risk in loved ones
- How to work with both dysfunctional and long-distance families who call during the holidays
- How to use GCM tools to contain Holiday chaos
- How to use financial forecasting to prepare for business growth during the holidays
Sidestep the Many Care Managers Who Do not know how to work with Dysfunctional family or do COVID Coaching of Aging Families so the client chooses you
THIS FREE WEBINAR IS Thursday, December 3, 2020, FROM 2 PM – 3:30 PM PST
Find out more in the YouTube for My YouTube, Channel Geriatric Care 1