ALCA members have lately been discussing how to sell their services to assisted living. Care managers are perfect professionals to help assisted living residents when they have just moved in and are unhappy with the move when they are not participating in activities and withdrawing from friends and in general when they are nor thriving in the resident community.
But marketing care management to ALF’s takes some particular marketing tactics
Although it might seem counterintuitive, consumers rarely want to buy things for the sake of buying them – they want what they purchase to solve their problems.
To borrow from the example of an umbrella, a feature of this particular umbrella might be its unbreakable spokes or wind-resistant construction – the benefit of which is staying dry even in strong winds that might break lesser umbrellas.
Clients who purchase home care or care management want to buy benefits – what your product or service can do for them.
Let’s take a third-party. Care Managers and home care often sell to Assisted Living. They want to hear how your agency is going to help the Assisted Living site. Of course, you can describe your agency features, price, training of staff, gold stand service. However, benefits are what makes the sale and keeps the Assisted Living dry not flooded by rain.
So here are some benefits you can offer to Assisted Living when you are seeking referrals and you have a service for residents that involves Quality Of Life
The problem: Assisted Living does not want residents to move out most facilities are strictly non-medical and do not have one to one companion and geriatric care management services. Your agency can solve that problem.
YOUR AGENCIES BENEFITS
- The assisted living and retirement community population sometimes have clients with needs that cannot be met with their nonmedical, non-one-on-one support services, (usually just an activities director)
- You will help facility with residents who are not adjusting to the facility or considering moving by engaging them in activities that will enhance the quality of their life, so they remain in the facility
- You will help residents not engaging in activities to participate in activities program outside activities and socialization program through a quality of life assessment & companion, so they do not want to move out of the facility
- You will engage with new residents who are just adjusting to the facility and their move to engage in socialization and activity program. You can help them make friends & engage in outside activities through a quality of life assessment and companion, so they do not consider moving out
- You will place Concierge Companion who will engage the client & accompany the resident to the outside or facility activities so the resident so can return to that joy. You will make monthly monitoring visits to make sure Companion are meeting all the client’s needs and keep in touch with the family and facility with frequent e-mail or telephone updates plus sending a monthly report.
So, selling the benefits to the third party, who will refer your agency to families of residents who are struggling, is a much more potent selling point that features of your agency.
10 Steps to Success in Selling Care Management to Assisted Living
FREE WEBINAR- 10 Steps to Success in Selling Care Management to Assisted Living
THIS WEBINAR BEGINS: Monday, June 2019 2 PM PST Ends 3:15 PM PST
DURING THIS FREE WEBINAR YOU WILL LEARN
How to Make a Winning First Impression at Assisted Living Sales Meeting- Preparing Presentation
What Referral Triggers to Use When Selling Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living
What Feature to use When Selling Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living
What Benefits to use When Selling Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living
How to Close the Sale of Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living