Should You Take a Dysfunctional Family Case Over the Holidays or at Any Time – What does it Take?
- Do you know the right caseload mix you must have to handle these very heavy care families?
- Do you have 5 years of geriatric care management practice, a master’s degree to understand and work with them???
- Do you have the business model to realign your caseload for both light & Heavy cases?
- Can you increase your staff to do it?
- Do you know aging family dynamics or do you have a staff member who does?
- Have you done a financial forecast to handle them?
- Do you know how many heavy cases you can handle?
- Do you have care managers who can work with complex dysfunctional families?
9.Are you ready to be fired and have an account receivable problems that come with these cases?
Watch this video below on the decision.
Find out more in Emily Salz and and Lynn Hackstaff’s chapter Family Conflicts, Dependence and Mutuality : Care Management and the Dysfunctional Family. Handbook of Geriatric Care Management 4th edition.Jones and Bartlett