What Type of Person To Recruit?
Are considering designing an ALCA or Geriatric Care Management program for Assisted Living? Here are some suggestions to consider when putting a job description for staff who will deliver the services.
Older generations, especially entitled clients, can be likely to be less trustful of an individual with numerous visible tattoos and a Mohawk. Most would rather have a clean-cut employee. This depends on the culture of your area of service. You want background checked employee with
- Recreational Therapy background ideal preferred
- College background or college student in, psychology, social sciences, pre-med, recreational therapy, Nursing, Social work, arts
- A retiree with interest to be trained or some prior recreational background or aging background
- Background in music, dance, recreational therapy, reminiscence and storytelling, rehab, sports, arts crafts gardening, board games, recreational activities, writing or ability to help senior use their former interests and their present level of functioning
What will Assisted Living Companion Do?
For COMPANION CARE hire
- Plan and implement individualized activity sessions for a diverse range of clients, conducting sessions one-on-one with clients in their places of residence or in community
- Accompany to events like theater, musical event, recital, baseball game or venue of clients choice
- Follow care plan designed by GCM
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to connect and engage with a wide range of individuals.
- Understanding and compassion for the care needs of aging clients including those with cognitive impairment or mild
- mental illness
- Ability to work independently as well as under supervision.
- drivers license with agency automobile insurance as required by the State
- A car available for daily work and client transportation and automobile insurance as required by the State
- Ability to learn and use designated software programs for the workflow process
Would you like to start a program like this and do not know how to market it to your local Assisted Living Facilities?
New Free Webinar To Market ALCA/GCM To Assisted Living
10 Steps to Success in Selling Care Management to Assisted Living
FREE WEBINAR- 10 Steps to Success in Selling Care Management to Assisted Living
THIS WEBINAR BEGINS: Monday, June 24, 2019, 2 PM PST Ends 3:15 PM PST
- DURING THIS FREE WEBINAR YOU WILL LEARN
How to Make a Winning First Impression at Assisted Living Sales Meeting- Preparing Presentation
- What Referral Triggers to Use When Selling Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living
- What Feature to use When Selling Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living
- What Benefits to use When Selling Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living
- How to Close the Sale of Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living