Although it might seem counterintuitive, consumers rarely want to buy things for the sake of buying them – they want what they purchase to solve their problems.
To borrow from the example of an umbrella, a feature of this particular umbrella might be its unbreakable spokes or wind-resistant construction – the benefit of which is staying dry even in strong winds that might break lesser umbrellas.
Clients who purchase home care or care management want to buy benefits – what your product or service can do for them.
Let’s take a third-party . Care Managers and home care often sell to Assisted Living. They want to hear how your agency is going to help the Assisted Living site. Of course, you can describe your agency features, price, training of staff, gold stand service. However, benefits are what makes the sale and keeps the Assisted Living dry not flooded by rain.
So here are some benefits you can offer to Assisted Living if you have a service that involves Quality Of Life
The problem: Assisted Living does not want residents to move out most facilities are strictly non-medical and do not have one to one companion and geriatric care management services. Your agency can solve that problem.
YOUR AGENCIES BENEFITS
- The assisted living and retirement community population sometimes have clients with needs that cannot be met with their nonmedical, non-one-on-one support services, (usually just an activities director)
- You will help facility with residents who are not adjusting to the facility or considering moving by engaging them in activities that will enhance the quality of their life, so they remain in the facility
- You will help residents not engaging in activities to participate in activities program outside activities and socialization program through a quality of life assessment & companion, so they do not want to move out of the facility
- You will engage with new residents who are just adjusting to the facility and their move to engage in socialization and activity program. You can help themmake friends & engage in outside activities through quality of life assessment and companion, so they do not consider moving out
- You will place Concierge Companion who will engage the client & accompany the resident to the outside or facility activities so the resident so can return to that joy. You will make monthly monitoring visits to make sure Companion are meeting all the client’s needs and keep in touch with the family and facility with frequent e-mail or telephone updates plus sending a monthly report.
So, selling the benefits to the third party is a much more potent selling point that features of your agency. Learn More
Join me in my new FREE Webinar
Learn to Sell Benefits not Features to Third Parties to Grow Your Care Management Bottom Line
When: March 6, 2019
The problems you solve for 3rd parties so they will refer to you.
What is a benefit vs features and how to find benefits for each 3rd party you market to?
What specific problems you solve for wealth managers, elderlaw attorneys, and concierge physicians
What specific problems to solve for upscale Assisted Living, accountants, financial planners, MD’s
Step by Step how to set up meetings with 3rd parties to make the sale
• Sign -Up –