GCMs or Aging Life Care Managers rarely see themselves as salespersons. However, this is a fatal error. You may have a product, but to make money from that product, you have to sell it. In the beginning you yourself may have to sell your geriatric care management product. To begin to put together a sales plan you need to identify who makes the decision to buy your geriatric care management products. With older adults over age 85, the buying decision is generally made by the adult children or the third party (trust officer, etc.). Many times young older adults (65–85 years of age) make their own buying decisions.
You then need to identify what criteria the person making the buying decision uses to evaluate your geriatric care management product. For example, you have to figure out whether the decision to purchase your product Move Management to help move and the elder is made by the adult child based on price, features, or availability. How will you give your customer, the adult child, enough information to say yes? Does this buying decision require personal contact in intake by a GCM, a Move Management sell sheet you dropped off at the parent’s physician’s office, word of mouth, paid advertising, through social media- if so what – blog, website – the what described your sales plan? It will have to go in your business plan plus- be good enough to get you, customers.
Join me Wednesday, October 17 Pacific Time for my latest webinar Pacific Time 2:00 PM
5 Steps to Sign Up the Profitable GCM Concierge Client
In this FREE 1-hour webinar, you will learn how to:
- Reach our target concierge audience
- Design products that exactly meet their needs
- Obtain adult children’s buy-in
- Use marketing that will make them choose you
- Get the contract signed with ease
- Create a brand that tells concierge clients they will get Four Seasons Service
- If you really want to run a GCM business that makes money by targeting concierge clients then you don’t want to miss this free training.