If you want to expand your ALCA or Geriatric Care Management service into Quality of Life or market it to Assisted Living here are 10 activities that you could use with older adults with arts and creativity
Research in the arts, creativity, aging and community-based programs has shown that arts-based cultural programs can increase the quality of Life for older adults. Elders who are depressed, isolated withdrawn or just plain bored can benefit from arts-based programs if it is at their present level of disability. Furthermore, studies have shown that not only do older adults who participate in arts-based programs have a better Quality Of Life; they also maintain independence more easily.
Examples of activities in arts to engage older in if they would like to do that, in spite of a disability
- A client who used textile arts, knitting weaving or sewing and has macular degenerations or limited vision – can enroll in a blind center or senior program with a loom and weave on a loom and asked the colors they want to use.
- An artist with arthritis caused by age, worked with an art therapist on staff to switch paints that were
easier to use, adapted paint brushes by slipping foam hair curlers over the handles or build up the grip with sports tape and got her involved in an artist group of older artists to paint with
- The client who loves opera enrolled in local opera meet up group; get tickets to Met Opera series at a local theater, with an assistive listening device, and opera put in iPhone and get a headset so she could listen to favorite opera on her own
- – Identify what music they like and arrange to take them to local concerts, arrange to watch and listen on television or TV, or join a choir if they used to do that and arrange transportation
- Introduce elder to local community college or local college or theater company musicals and get tickets plus arrange transportation
- If a client has dementia find out the music that was popular when they were young, get headphones and play on an I Phone for them.
- Find a dance with dementia program in your community and get the client involved
- Locate senior dances at a senior center in your area and see if your client would be interested
- Find dance concerts on television on PBS, YouTube or see if your client can subscribe to the dance
- Arrange to take them to local dance events, like ballet, modern, or musical films with dancing
Use Offering Quality of Life Activities to sell ALCA or Care Management to Sell Your Care Management to Assisted Living When Residents are Depressed, Isolated or Want to Move out.
FREE WEBINAR- 10 Steps to Success in Selling Care Management to Assisted Living
10 Steps to Success in Selling Care Management to Assisted Living
THIS WEBINAR BEGINS: Monday, June 24, 2019, 2 PM PST Ends 3:15 PM PST
DURING THIS FREE WEBINAR YOU WILL LEARN
How to Make a Winning First Impression at Assisted Living Sales Meeting- Preparing Presentation
What Referral Triggers to Use When Selling Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living
What Feature to use When Selling Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living
What Benefits to use When Selling Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living
How to Close the Sale of Geriatric Care Management to Assisted Living