What is Organizational Design and Why Do Start-Ups Need to Do It?
IT Is the Framework that aging life or geriatric care management agency use for their business to:
- Distinguish power and authority roles and
- Show how information flows through the organization.
- See future growth before a crisisWhat are the 3 basic Steps?
First, you tackle organizational structure.
Organizational structure is a system used to define a hierarchy within an organization. It identifies each job, its function and where it reports to within the organization. … The structure is illustrated using an organizational chart.
Second, you do your organization’s design
- Once an organization has chosen its structure, you can move on to selecting the design. Organizational Design is the process by which managers assess the tasks, functions, and goals of the business, allowing them to make decisions about how to group people together to best and most efficiently achieve their objectives.
In the start-up aging life or geriatric management business, it is what is the Care Manager’s director’s role, job description and how their power and authority flows down to care managers. It follows with the care manager’s who report to her /him, it describes what is their roles, job descriptions and how they take direction from the Care Manager director, their supervisor. You should also add clinical supervision here. Then you design your Administrative Assistant’s role and marketing director’s role if you are going to hire one.
Create a Flow Chart
- Following that, a flow-chart or organizational chart with administration and roles mapped out.
Learn Org Design and More my new on-line Start-Up GCM Business Class
Doing this is critical to your aging life or business success because you are designing the ” whole” and all the parts of your aging life or geriatric care agency and how power and authority flow through them -to give the most premium, concierge services to your client.
Check out my new Online GCM Business Class which includes 10 modules on starting your GCM Business including one module on Organizational Design with job descriptions for every role in a GCM agency, recruitment tools
Skills you will learn
- GCM organizational design skills to create your business flow chart and job descriptions, and outline how power flows down your staff to deliver gold standard care to clients
- GCM marketing survey skills to pinpoint your area’s upper 10% clients and 3rd-party referrals to market to, to make your business profitable
- GCM competitive analysis skills to set the fee per hour your market will bear for your services and to gather information from each, to position your services vs your competition’s so clients will choose you
- GCM timeline skills to identify and list (in a manageable, doable order), major tasks to complete before you open your business
- GCM business planning skills to write a 13-part business plan to create a blueprint of measurable goals for your business’s financial success
- GCM marketing skills to create a marketing plan to develop lead sources, conduct lead generation, launch social media and conduct content marketing to gain new customers
- GCM sales skills to position your agency to sell your menu of services
through benefits to 3rd parties and clients through cold calling, 1-1 sales meetings, and inquiries, by knowing how to close the sale and sign the contract
- GCM ALCA billing skills to develop a billing system that allows you to bill 85% of your time, control your cash flow, invoice promptly to make a profit
- GCM financial forecasting skills to develop a 3-year financial forecast Excel spreadsheet to track your basic profit and expenses and to track the number of clients and billable hours needed to break even make a profit, pay back loans, hire new staff, and take a salary yourself
- All this for an introductory price of $450.00, set for a start-up GCM Budget