Wealth management banks are increasingly using geriatric care managers to serve their clients.
Bank of America’s U.S. Trust and Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo Private Bank, Morgan Stanley, and Northern Trust and some of these trust departments turned wealth managers that use or partner with care managers. They serve Concierge clients with assets over and above a million dollars and want to work with geriatric care managers to lighten their own load. A care manager can handle the health care and psychosocial while their handle their area of expertise, financial management of a client’s assets.
When you market to wealth managers, you have to show them the benefits of using a geriatric care manager.
Show them the BENEFIT of your GCM Service to the wealth manager including you as a geriatric care manager will:
- Do In-depth assessment initial of aging clients health and psychosocial status
- Assess the client’s level of competency to make financial decisions.
- Collaborate to create a long-term care plan for clients who wish to stay at home and TO needs to plan accordingly for the cost of care.
- Collaborate to create a long-term care plan for clients who wish to move or need to move to a higher level of care
- access community resources for their parent’s care.
- Monitor the status of an older client and report back to the family and financial
- Advise when a higher level of care is needed
- Monitor weekly so problems not become a crisis and are solved preventatively
- Organize community resources for clients so have the highest quality of healthcare and quality of life
- Make clients feel engaged with a health and social services concierge who will help the trust offer guide them to the BEST care.
- Make sure the wealth manager knows a professional geriatric care manager is:
- Advocating for the clients
- sending a monthly report on client’s health/social situation
- Emailing reports and updates on client
- delivering prevention rather than crisis management
- Managing clients with mental health problems
- Managing adult siblings who disrupt older clients care through sibling fights
- Managing dysfunctional families
- Facilitating family meetings to come to an agreement about care for an elder with dysfunctional families
For help in setting up a Concierge Care Management Service and Marketing to clients that will refer to you sign up for my 1 hour
Want to make serve concierge clients and families that will make your a business profitable? Join me for my free webinar, “Start and Run a Profitable Geriatric Care Business” on August 22. Learn how to transform your GCM entrepreneurial dream into a money-making business with 5 profit driven steps including serving concierge clients
Learn these 5 Critical Steps to Financial success including how to:
- Identify VIP and Concierge Clients and, What They Want from a GCM\
- Develop Products for VIP Concierge Clients,
from Cathy Cress, MSW, author of the book known as the bible of geriatric care management. Learn how to transform your GCM entrepreneurial idea into a profitable reality before you even open your doors.