Aging Families gather for the holidays starting November 22. When they arrive at Mom and Dad’s home, they may find the older parents they dreaded.
Mom forgot to buy the turkey or she burned it to a crisp.
Her neat as a pin ensemble is greasy and rumpled. Then she reports Dad has wandered down the street.
This is the start of the holiday from hell many adult children face. After the son buys a new turkey, finally finds Dad, he may take a break and call 911 Aging Life- or the daughter grabs her computer and googles a geriatric care manager.
- Do you know how to answer the challenges the adult children face and the client’s needs at the same time you know how to hold an impromptu family meeting with adult children, over the hectic holiday to plan care for aging parents?
- Do you understand the executive function loss that older woman experience when trying to plan a holiday ritual dinner that fails or worse burns, upsetting their adult children?
- Do you have the toolbox to calm the frantic families over the holidays & get them to New years stability
- Can you do an intake over the phone and start a case in chaotic holidays
- Is your company and staff ready for the influx of new clients in crisis over the holidays
Join me in my new Webinar
5 Ways to Tame the Turbulence of Holiday Meltdown in Aging Families
During the busiest season for care management referrals-
You Will Learn:
- How to give hope to frantic children who call, after seeing their aging parent struggling with the rituals
- How to sell services to desperate adult child callers
- How to use GCM tools to contain Holiday chaos
- How to use financial forecasting to prepare for growth during the holidays
- How to work with both dysfunctional and long-distance families who call during the holidays
- Sign Up
When you pick up ” red phone” call from a desperate adult child – are you ready??